The HRCA Development Review Committee (DRC) is the review authority for commercial construction projects (i.e., those requiring a Site Improvement Plan through Douglas County). Generally, commercial projects will need HRCA DRC review before Douglas County will issue permits. Project applicants are required to present their project to this committee.
The Commercial Review Committee, appointed by the Board of Directors, reviews and approves the smaller commercial projects such as revisions or modifications to site improvement plans, all commercial signage, improvements to the exterior of commercial property, including paint, awnings, etc.
As noted, there are varying levels of commercial projects reviewed by HRCA. The complexity of the project will determine if you will need to go before the full DRC Committee, or if the project can be reviewed by the CRC. Please contact staff regarding your project to verify what route your project will take.
For projects going to DRC, the submittal requirements are as follows:
- 10 (ten) 11” x 17” Site Improvement Plan sets
- 10 (ten) Project Narrative
- 10 (ten) Full Color Architectural Elevation Drawings
- Electronic copy of the materials in a PDF file
- Materials Board
- Commercial Review Application
- Fee as determined by CIS staff (see fee sheet in Commercial Guidelines) -check payable to HRCA or can be processed via credit card.
- Submittal can be delivered to 9568 University Blvd., Highlands Ranch, 80126.
- Submittals must be received by noon on the Tuesday three weeks prior to the next scheduled Development Review Committee (DRC) meeting. DRC meetings are on the second Wednesday of every month. The application review fee must accompany the submittal.
Note: Have questions or need assistance determining to which committee to submit your project? Contact the HRCA Community Improvement Services Manager at 303-471-8821.